Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: LHE hand open for discussion #2

Im not so sure you were right in every case actually. I tend to disagree with most of what you posted infact. But Im not entirely sure how others would see it obv.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasse View Post
    You know the 7 is worthless? I do think I would kind of strongly disagree with that. It sure isnt the winner every time I can agree with that, but Id still be pretty happy with hitting a river 7 so I can get a straight.

The kicker is the other card you have in your hand. For example if both you and your opponent makes a toppair you can use your kicker to get a better fivecards hand. So AK on AJ874 would beat for example A3 since the King is higher than the 3.
    Maybe you did not notice but top pair is CRUSHED. Why would I even consider top pair when there is a straight on the button.

Quote Originally Posted by RojoGrande View Post
    Maybe you did not notice but top pair is CRUSHED. Why would I even consider top pair when there is a straight on the button.
    I was just explaining what kicker means incase you hadnt heard of it? We obv dont have toppair here and if we make a pair of aces on the river in this hand that cant be worth almost anything, since that hmm king in our hand wont be beating both opponents more than fractions.

Do we really know there is a straight on the button when facing the turnbet btw? We didnt seem as sure on the flop thats why Im wondering.

Im also dont think toppair would be CRUSHED if I had say AT on this turn instead of the ten and the King.

But maybe Im just not good enough yet to notice enough when toppair infact is crushed; its just so rare I fold it. And I played my first ever lhe-hand already back in 2005 and yet I know I honestly have so much to learn about this game. Tricky game really.

Have you figured the Q is giving you the nut-straight yet?