Hybrid View

Default AQo on BTN vs SB3bet, TB all in situation, TPTK vs ? 400NL

My session stats is 24/20/af1.2/3bet5.6 Steal 65% 118 hands

The villain is 19/15/af11/3bet10.5 Cbet Flop 3bet Pot 100%(3 out of 3) 3betSB25 BB17 99 hands

He was 3betting me a lot vs my Steal 65%(all min raise) so I wanted to 4bet this hand but he was very aggressive preflop and didn't wanna get into 5bet/shove situation with my AQo.

Would you stack off here preflop vs his range? (Very Small Sample Size)

I hit a good flop and my plan here is to play this hand for stacks. His Cbet Flop is 80 Turn is 100 River is 100.

I could 3bet his flop cbet but that was not part of my plan so I just call. I do think I have him crushed on this flop.

Small sample size but he is very aggressive postflop so I'm just going to let him TB me with his whole 3bet range vs my Steal range and I do think my hand is under represented.

Turn does hit some of his range if he had hands like T9s/98s but I'm still not folding since his other range like random OC misses that card.

River is a tough spot because again it does hit some of his range like FD.

I stick to my line and call. If he has me that's fine but I'm also calling for information.

Timing Tell - He bet all three streets slowly.

What do you think of my line?

What do you think of his line?

DB 3bet pot with air is common but how about TB?

Poker Stars Veritas V (0) No Limit Hold'em ($2/$4) 6Max Real Money, 5 players

seat 2: Player2(HJ):$455.26
    seat 3: Player3(CO):$296.39
    seat 4: Hero(BTN) is Hero:$400
    seat 5: Player5(SB):$426.65
    seat 6: Player6(BB):$666.32

HOLE CARDS: ($6) Hero is BTN with A Q
    2 folds, Hero(Hero) raises to $8, Player5 raises to $28, 1 folds, Hero(Hero) calls $20

FLOP: ($60) 9 5 Q
    Player5 bets $36, Hero(Hero) calls $36

TURN: ($132)9
    Player5 bets $72, Hero(Hero) calls $72

RIVER: ($276)3
    Player5 bets $290.65, Hero(Hero) calls $264

Default Re: AQo on BTN vs SB3bet, TB all in situation, TPTK vs ? 400NL

Thats typical blah-/gayspot. The turn is pretty bad card to continue barreling with a hand like AK or TT/JJ... the flushdraw semibluffs got there on river, which is kinda ugly, but JT, KT, KJ missed...

equity win tie pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 34.524% 28.57% 05.95% 12 2.50 { AcQs }
    Hand 1: 65.476% 59.52% 05.95% 25 2.50 { QQ+, 99, AdKd, AQs, AdJd, AdTd, A9s, Ad3d, Ad2d, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, AQo }

I probably play it the same, but its not a fistpump snapcall for me. I just think, he can vbet-shove worse (KQ) to make that a call and some of his semibluffs-str8draws missed and he is likely to shove them on river with the perfect bluffcard for it... tough one

Hunter, what do you think?

DragTheBar CEO / Coach

Quote Originally Posted by alexuuus View Post
    Thats typical blah-/gayspot. The turn is pretty bad card to continue barreling with a hand like AK or TT/JJ... the flushdraw semibluffs got there on river, which is kinda ugly, but JT, KT, KJ missed...

equity win tie pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 34.524% 28.57% 05.95% 12 2.50 { AcQs }
    Hand 1: 65.476% 59.52% 05.95% 25 2.50 { QQ+, 99, AdKd, AQs, AdJd, AdTd, A9s, Ad3d, Ad2d, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, AQo }

I probably play it the same, but its not a fistpump snapcall for me. I just think, he can vbet-shove worse (KQ) to make that a call and some of his semibluffs-str8draws missed and he is likely to shove them on river with the perfect bluffcard for it... tough one

Hunter, what do you think?

I mostly agree here Alexuuus. My first thought is I would definitely 4bet preflop. Against someone this aggressive, you need to get a 4bet in preflop if he's 3betting you that much. Lots of aggro guys will shove over the first 4bet they see because they assume its a bluff, which is all the more reason to 4bet/call with AQ here. The other problem with not 4betting is what do you do when you miss the flop? You'll be in a much tougher spot post flop against a wide range on a flop you missed.

Since we just called, its hard to find a better line than the call down. Keeping the guy's range open seems like the best play.
    Visit our Rakeback/VIP for the best deals on new poker site sign-ups. Free DTB for raking only $100/month with new signups + all the RakeTheRake promotions =
    vip.dragthebar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Bick View Post
    I mostly agree here Alexuuus. My first thought is I would definitely 4bet preflop. Against someone this aggressive, you need to get a 4bet in preflop if he's 3betting you that much. Lots of aggro guys will shove over the first 4bet they see because they assume its a bluff, which is all the more reason to 4bet/call with AQ here. The other problem with not 4betting is what do you do when you miss the flop? You'll be in a much tougher spot post flop against a wide range on a flop you missed.

Since we just called, its hard to find a better line than the call down. Keeping the guy's range open seems like the best play.
    I think so too. Although, he is so aggro postflop that if I 3bet the flop I think he would 4bet me or he will shove or if I 3bet the turn same thing.

So I call it down and he shows me KJo. I make a note on him and write, "3betKJo SB vs my BTN steal and TB gutshot on FDC board vs my TPTK." And he only 3bet me once after that and I just left the table to piss him off, lol.

DragTheBar CEO / Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Dr1fter808 View Post
    I think so too. Although, he is so aggro postflop that if I 3bet the flop I think he would 4bet me or he will shove or if I 3bet the turn same thing.

So I call it down and he shows me KJo. I make a note on him and write, "3betKJo SB vs my BTN steal and TB gutshot on FDC board vs my TPTK." And he only 3bet me once after that and I just left the table to piss him off, lol.
    Nice work, glad it worked out.
    Visit our Rakeback/VIP for the best deals on new poker site sign-ups. Free DTB for raking only $100/month with new signups + all the RakeTheRake promotions =
    vip.dragthebar.com