Default Just learned a new side of poker

wow, that guy was awful, but how im feeling right now, i really never felt before. I play poker since years. I had tourneycashes of even 26k and cashgame days of 2k, but whatever just happened, i have never felt like that before. My hands are shaking, im so angry, that i dont even breathe smoothly.

I could post cpl of hands, but that guy is just awful and couldnt fold anything. He 3bet like 60% and I had in all the 450 hands AA,KK,QQ,JJ 1x, which are gold against this guy. Could post handchart for the match, but doesnt matter. The hands of him are a big laugh...

Wow, i was shortly before clicking cashout and stop playing. Never felt like that before... Have a video of that match though... I feel so depressed / frustrated / annoyed... poker is a sick game

i even considered cashingout my roll and stop playing after the game... i have to work on that mental game part... im such a fish there

DragTheBar CEO / Coach

Default Re: Just learned a new side of poker

Sorry to see it man. I assume this was a heads up match? The most important thing I can say is keep a stop loss. And I don't mean when you are stuck 2 buyins you quit, I mean if, at ANY point in the match, you lose 2 buyins in a row, get out of there. I can't stress enough how important this is.

If it makes you feel any better, in August of 2008 I was waiting for action at 10/20 on full tilt. This french guy shows up, and his big move was once the flop hit, he would go all in, no matter what he had. I got it in 5 straight times with him when he had 4 outs at most, each time. I lost $9k, and he left, and I never saw him again. HU can be brutal, that high HU winrate comes with the additional price of higher variance. Take a few days off and you'll feel much better.

Wow man sorry to hear it. What is this HU if so at what stake?

I have one for you.

Just a few weeks ago, I was on Everest Poker 1000NL 6Max. The table folds out and SB raises and I have KK on BB against this lag that I always play with. And this sounds personal but I hate this lag because he plays and 3bets any two and he won't fold to my 4bet preflop and keeps sucking out on me. So I 3bet my KK and he thinks for a while and he 4bets me which is like "Typical!!" for this guy so I 5bet shove and he thinks again for a while and he calls with AQo and the board goes brick/brick/brick/A/brick. Boom!! I lose $1,000 and I get so mad I just leave the table just because he is like my nemesis and he did it to me once again.

I'm only a recreational player but I do take down swing as big as $8,000 playing 400NL-1000NL not often but once in a while so I totally understand how you feel.

I usually just take a break and think things over and I don't chase my loss(I used to....) because that's how you lose even more money IMO.

My other hobby is playing Xbox360 games so I would just do that or do other things and have fun and take my mind off of Poker.

I do always end up coming back to the tables though.....lol, I just can't help myself but I love playing Poker online.

Don't worry man, everyone goes through this, believe me. You will get back up and you will win again so.
    Last edited by Dr1fter808; 03-09-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Bick View Post
    Sorry to see it man. I assume this was a heads up match? The most important thing I can say is keep a stop loss. And I don't mean when you are stuck 2 buyins you quit, I mean if, at ANY point in the match, you lose 2 buyins in a row, get out of there. I can't stress enough how important this is.

If it makes you feel any better, in August of 2008 I was waiting for action at 10/20 on full tilt. This french guy shows up, and his big move was once the flop hit, he would go all in, no matter what he had. I got it in 5 straight times with him when he had 4 outs at most, each time. I lost $9k, and he left, and I never saw him again. HU can be brutal, that high HU winrate comes with the additional price of higher variance. Take a few days off and you'll feel much better.
    I wish you recorded a video of that match because I would like to see this maniac's hands. I hardly ever play on HU table but sounds like the swing is huge. So two buy ins in a row huh? I'll remember that, sounds very helpful.