Default Little tip that helps me

Hi all,

Don't know if this will help anyone but it does wonders for me.

Its all about going through your hands post session in the session tab in HEM. Personally I don't like seeing if i'm up or down in the session, but I always see the result because of this...

sesh.jpg

its either red (i'm down) or green (i'm up), and this colour coding can't be changed in the skin designer. But its right in my face as I sort by biggest losing pots so its hard not to see!

And I can't mark hands during play as I stack tables and its too fast (and wastes time).

So what I do is this...

Hands tab--> Filter--> Edit--> More Filters--> Player Lost BBs is bigger than... 20 bbs say, and only those hands will be shown.

Keep it sorted by date and you'll never know if you've won/lost a session again! So you can now concentrate on your DECISION MAKING in those hands and not worry about the results. Which is all that counts right? Good eh? Probably.

Default Re: Little tip that helps me

Interesting tip Dave thanks, I remember that Dusty (aka Leatherass) mentioned in his book he didn't know from one week to the next if he was up or down, I wondered how he managed that as when you sit at a table you can see your balance?

I've been thinking for a while I wished I could switch off seeing the balance in poker clients! At least this tip will make it default for HEM to only show losing hands which are likely to be the ones that need most work (of course can always improve winners too... but I'd imagine more immediate thing to attend to would be losers!)

Default Re: Little tip that helps me

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Interesting tip Dave thanks, I remember that Dusty (aka Leatherass) mentioned in his book he didn't know from one week to the next if he was up or down, I wondered how he managed that as when you sit at a table you can see your balance?

I've been thinking for a while I wished I could switch off seeing the balance in poker clients! At least this tip will make it default for HEM to only show losing hands which are likely to be the ones that need most work (of course can always improve winners too... but I'd imagine more immediate thing to attend to would be losers!)
    Do you mean when you top up you can see the balance? Or its staring you in the face in the lobby?

Yeah its really good after a few weeks, and you'll hopefully feel a real detachment from the results side of things when you can only see the hands. You can also change the filter to say 'won bb more than 20 big blinds'. This way you can see the flip side of variance too, or even the hands you played well. This can remind you of how you really ran throughout the session if you thought you ran bad.