DTB Moderator

Default FTP - Just when I thought they were dead in the water....

Wow, just when I gave up on ever seeing any cash from FT it is looking as if we will have another few months to wait before writing off my money....

http://www.subjectpoker.com/2011/09/french-investors/

Default Re: FTP - Just when I thought they were dead in the water....

yeah,i got a chunk in there that i already wrote off,so if i get it back its a bonus.......and i seriously miss rush

DTB Moderator

I know what you mean, I love the software.

If Howard, Jesus etc came out tomorrow and said we are really sorry, here is your cash, rakeback and missed bonuses but we are still running it I am ashamed to admit I would be straight back

Its amazing how the branding of this company made it so sucessfull even though it was renowened for bad customer service from day 1 untill BF.I think having Durrr,Patrick and Ivey as their flagship players and great software kept everyone hooked regardless of the shambles that was running the company and if there is a complete overhaul of the ownership and how its run then i can see everyone going back.

Wow - maybe, just maybe, there's light at the end of the tunnel?

However, I still think that the best approach is to mentally come to terms with the money being gone forever. That way, any return would be a bonus and no return would be just what players had prepared themselves for

As always, let's hope in five years time that this whole saga was just a small downswing in the overall upward curve of poker...

I should have known that FTP had SERIOUS issues when in 2009, (when I would get checks within the week), it took 4 weeks to receive a $1500 withdrawal and next weeks withdrawal took 6. Wonder if they were waiting for someone to make a deposit.

And the email answers that I received 5 days after asking question, was just a form letter saying it will take time. There were signs that something was wrong over there.

Do you think there is no news on AP/UB because we knew they were theives and nobody expects to see that money.

DTB Moderator

I still think that FTP should make a great investment for a group that has several hundred million to pay back the players.

I personally feel that the software is probably the best in the business and I would be happy to go straight back if new owners buy in and I am sure I am not alone.

I have a feeling that the reason that they are struggling is because the US B+M operators, who are currently preparing for regulation, are doing everything they can to ensure they are permanently blocked from the US market. If the new company is still barred from a regulated US market then it becomes a far worse and probably a major -ev investment. The fact that there has been at least 6 groups serious look at the buying them and then pulling out there must be something like that.

FT may have been an (alleged) ponzi scheme but at least no one knew and they did not have a well known track record of stealing money from their players. I doubt there are many people who visit training sites or even 2p2 and played at AP/UB. Therefore anyone who has the slightest interest in poker outside the actual client is probably not surprised and does not care.