Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default member vid FLE 1/2 6max

Hello limitguys,

I made a membervideo.

It would be nice to get some feedback.
    It would be awesome if some of the other guys made some membercontent too
    (Swiss/Grisu/Redhot/....)

looking forward to all your thoughts,eventually PM me , and give this limitHoldemsectoin a new boost

kind regards,

procaine

Default Re: member vid FLE 1/2 6max

Hi porcaine!

i watched your video and i like it... (just the sound is hard to understand...)

some questions first:

-) do you play bad beat tables regular or just for the video? (thinking about the additional rake - are those tables beatable?)
    -) is there somewhere an option that you change the icons when you mark a player? (like you have a red and a green chip - i have no green icon in my client...)

first at all, i have to say that i am completly rusty with my game since i had to take a longer brake
    after FT went down...
    now i am still looking to get back into my game...

most hands i would have played the same - one hand i would like to discuss:

minute 11:00 - KJ
    i am not sure, if a preflop 3bet in this early position is a good choice? I know its a maniac,
    but several other players still behind us and for sure sometimes dominated if we hit
    i was playing around with pokerstove and think we have appr. 50% equity but still not feel too comfortable about it

the flop raise i am also not sure if its the best option. normal i almost always take such a line to shut one player behind out but in that case i am thinking which hand we would like to fold out?
    and what if we get 3bet from the preflop capper (given the draws and odds we have, we would have to call and the hand gets more and more ugly...)

the river i tend to check behind...

but maybe i just give this guy too much credit (and a too tight range)..

greetings
    Grisu

Hey grisu,

thanks for watching the vid and give some feedback!

-the audio: when I was watching the vid now (downloading at the left), I had no audio ;
    after uploading, I watched using the right downloadbutton and I had some commentary ; however with a some noisy, possibly caused by my microphone
    (you know how I can reduce that??? i know: buying another1...)

-BBtables: I play sometimes on merge, BCP, to get my hands in (DTBfor free....) ; normally I wouldn't pay on BBtables unless there is a veryverybig1 (read somewhere >350k if I remember well)
    otherwise it is -EV BUT fishes like to play on BBtables...so

i think it is +EV in combination with free DTB

- notes: yes ,by clicking on the name I can label them (red,green, purple, a fish,...)

the hand: KJo with J hearts in HJ vs maniac who opens UTG

I did the stove myself and indeed we have +-50%eq

I like the raise preflop vs him but after his cap I think we have to play a more passive way.

we can raise the flop, but check the river UI OR just calldown

SO: you re right about my overaggressive line here!!!

looking forward to more discussion here and eventually handswap/sweat/more membervids....

let me know what you think, pm me,.....

greets

procaine

- unfortunately i am not a video expert, but i read something here in the forums somewhere (dont remember where) that a USB headset/micro might be better

- notes: sorry missunderstanding: i am also playing on BCP and i know how to put a note on a player, but i recogniced that you have other options for notes (like the red chip, green chip, a.so. - i for example have a fish icon and no option for a green chip)
    and i was looking around if i can change them too but i dont find it.... if you dont know - never mind (not so important)

i will try to be more active again here in the forum as a start (not much action here at the moment),
    and i will give your other ideas definitely some thoughts...
    do you know long time ago i read here something about like a fixedlimit skype learning group - do you know if this group is still active?

greets
    Grisu

For whatever reason, I'm unable to view the video on this site nor at home after downloading. I don't know if the DTB LHE Channel is still active. I'm not a lot of help.

Hey Swiss,

tx for trying the download!strange it didn't work! maybe Hunter can help here....

Grisu,

-strange that the tags don't work there!
    using the "leftmousebutton" i get a popup where I can choose (green/orange/red/crown/....)

-nope, i don't know anything of such a group HERE, i certainly wasn't a member!
    maybe an idea to start something like that???

gr

procaine

Quote Originally Posted by procaine View Post
    -strange that the tags don't work there!
    using the "leftmousebutton" i get a popup where I can choose (green/orange/red/crown/....)

-nope, i don't know anything of such a group HERE, i certainly wasn't a member!
    maybe an idea to start something like that???

got it who actually has the idea to CLICK direct on the icons (obviously not me) haha

i found the old thread about that skype channel - but it looks like Teche is since several months no longer active
    http://www.dragthebar.com/poker-foru...-Skype-Channel

maybe Le Peste or GB can give us more info´s (if its still up, how to join a.s.o...)???

greetings
    Grisu
    Last edited by Grisu; 09-25-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: link added

DragTheBar CEO / Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Swissfile View Post
    For whatever reason, I'm unable to view the video on this site nor at home after downloading. I don't know if the DTB LHE Channel is still active. I'm not a lot of help.
    If you can be more specific as to what video player you are using, I may be able to help. In general, the VLC player is by far the most versatile media player out there, give it a try. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

As for streaming, its an MP4 file, so that means the whole thing has to load before it can be streamed in the player. Only the FLV files will play while buffering.
    Visit our Rakeback/VIP for the best deals on new poker site sign-ups. Free DTB for raking only $100/month with new signups + all the RakeTheRake promotions =
    vip.dragthebar.com

Great! Thanks Hunter. I installed VLC and boom...it came right up.

Busy right now, but I'll definitely get to the vid within a week.

tx hunter to come here and help us!

Sorry for the delay, but I'm pretty busy of late. I hope I make sense, since I’m a bit tired.

First impression…I would consider getting rid of some clutter. You could trim your HUD down (you can always scroll over to see the rest of the stats). Additionally, BCP offers a “miniview” that helps clean up the table a bit. I personally operate a little better with a less complex table view, but if you’re happy with it then just ignore the suggestion.

Something I’ve gotten a lot better at is taking notes, even when I’m not in a hand. Tons of free info is out there, particularly if you have the HUD running.

One example: 4:52 STELOCACC (r D MFD) river Donks Missed Flush Draw. Additionally, while it doesn’t narrow his defending range, it’s nice to know he flpd 4F and played passively OOP.

6:46 May I suggest…if you are going to bother making a note like ol (open limp)…go ahead and write down what people are limping with. The Td8d limper is much different than J4o limper or an A4o limper. After tracking a limper’s tendencies for a couple of sessions, you’d be surprised how narrow a range you can put him on. 98% of limpers have 0% balance, they limp with weaker hands…but they do tend to have a method to their madness.

8:43 I prefer donking the queen since it’s 3way. With 2 opponents, it’s difficult for CelluloidNovel to continue betting without a hand. The way it played out, BF looked good.

11:24 You have 2nd Pair good kicker with the 2nd NFD and you raise “to get this one out”. I’m trying to figure out why you wanted to do this. If you’re not beat, you aren’t exactly vulnerable here and if you are, you’d like to get even better odds to draw and improve. As it ran out…I’d have to know this opponents tendencies cold…to stop value betting the river. NH.

16:53 I’m not overly fond of the preflop complete…unless this opponent constantly is 3b you in the bvb situations or you are somehow also calling with some very strong hands. Basically by completing you are announcing your hand and asking to be blown off it.

16:59 I would prefer a CR here.

17:06 I’d probably CR here also. No chance he has an Ace. 33 WTSD. You’ve got King high (probably good) and back door St and F draws. It looks like your Q3 hand was distracting you.

18:30 I would definitely write a note that this opponent LRR with 5d4d. You eventually write that he donked flpd 2P.

Production quality: that white noise in background is pretty distracting. Perhaps the Coaches would have an idea on how to eliminate the noise. What kind of mic are you using? Do you have a headset?

Overall, I liked it. Run better next time.
    Last edited by Swissfile; 10-03-2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: missing word