Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

DragTheBar CEO / Coach

Default Member Video System & Guide to Producing and Uploading

DragTheBar Member Videos

The DragTheBar member video page is our way to help our members share their play with others. Watching yourself play and watching your peers play is a great way to improve your game, and we want to make that easy to do. So we've created our own member system where you can upload your video to the DragTheBar servers and it will be shown in the video lobby, under the yellow "Member Videos" tab.

The Member Video system is free for everyone to use, you just need a DTB username and password. They are also free to share, even people not logged into DragTheBar can view them.

To get started right away, just click "My Member Videos" in the My Account page

Here is a step by step guide to making your member video, there are how-to videos also available via the links are below as well as in the member video portion of the video lobby.

Step 1: Recording Your Video

How-To video here

There are lots of free software tools available that can be used to record your video. We recommend the following:

CamStudio Open Source

This is the primary program you'll use to record your session, be sure to use the "region" feature so you can select only the poker table(s) that you want in the video, instead of recording your entire desktop.
    Settings to use:
    1. Use "Region" feature: "Region" menu ---> click "region" so its checked.
    2. Turn Audio On: "Options" menu ---> click "Record audio from microphone."
    3. Specify save directory: "Options" menu ---> Program Options ---> Directory for Recording ---> User Specified Directory ---> Select save location
    4. Options" menu ---> Program Options ---> Click "Capture Translucent/Layered windows" and "Save Settings on Exit"

Step 2: Converting Your Video into an FLV or MP4

There are 2 types of videos we recommend uploading: FLV and MP4.

FLV - FLV files are flash video, the advantage is that they are compact and will start to stream right away in the video player. To view an FLV as a download, you'll need the VLC Media Player, or you'll need to install an add-on for Windows Media Player or Quicktime. We recommend using FLV's for longer videos.

MP4 - MP4's are very versatile video files, but in order to stream directly from our video page, the entire file needs to load, so it will take some time depending on the file size. They are excellent for downloading, and will play in just about any video player. We recommend MP4's for shorter videos or if you want your video to be the most download-friendly.

Download a free video converter. We recommend this one:

Any Video Converter -

This free program converts .avi video files to .mp4 video files. This is a mandatory step because CamStudio only creates .avi files, but they are huge uncompressed files, so they need to be converted to smaller more efficient .mp4 files. Our video player will play MP4, WMV, FLV, and AVI, but I strongly recommend MP4 or FLV as they are the easiest and smallest videos to produce.

Settings for FLV conversion:

Top Right Dropdown ---> Flash Video Movie (*.flv)
    Use all default settings except:
    1. Frame size - Change this to "Original"

Settings for MP4 conversion:

1. Top right drop-down box ---> Customized MP4 Movie (*.mp4)
    2. Video Options (lower right panel) - Use these settings, otherwise keep the defaults:
    -Video codec = x264
    -Frame Size = 1280x720
    -Video Bitrate=768
    -Video Framerate=25
    -Audio Codec = AAC
    -Audio Bitrate=128
    -Sample Rate=44100
    -Audio Channel = 1
    3. Click "Convert."
    4. Note the folder the video is saved in.
    5. Done.

Step 3: Uploading Your Video

How-To Video Here

Its very easy to upload your video to DragTheBar.

1. Go to the "My Account Page"
    2. Click "My Member Videos"
    3. The Uploading Box will be on the right, your list of previously uploaded videos on the left.
    -Enter the Title of your video
    -Enter the Description (You can expand this box, just grab the bottom right corner)
    -Choose the Game Type, Stake, Players, and Game filters.
    -Press Upload.
    4. Now your video is ready for the video file to be uploaded.
    -Click "Upload Video" and select the video file you wish to upload.
    -You'll see the progress bar move and popup when its done.
    -Choose an image for the first frame of the video, if you do not provide one, a stock DTB logo will be used for you.
    5. You are done, your video will now be in the video lobby. You can share the video page with anyone, member videos are free to view.

If you did all this and still see audio or video issues with your video in the streaming player, there is a download option available for member videos. VLC/Quicktime/Windows media player are very powerful video players that will be able to play the downloaded video. So don't worry if your video won't stream.

Default Re: Member Video System & Guide to Producing and Uploading

I'm curious why you use a framerate of 25, poker tables are very static - so whenever I record a video I just choose the lowest possible. The result was quite fine even with 5 frames, if I remember correctly (although the mouse movements were a bit choppy if you looked closely).

Not sure how much it will save on the videosize though, since as said the screens are quite static so the difference in filesize might be small.

DragTheBar CEO / Coach

Quote Originally Posted by NoYouDidnt View Post
    I'm curious why you use a framerate of 25, poker tables are very static - so whenever I record a video I just choose the lowest possible. The result was quite fine even with 5 frames, if I remember correctly (although the mouse movements were a bit choppy if you looked closely).

Not sure how much it will save on the videosize though, since as said the screens are quite static so the difference in filesize might be small.
    That's a good suggestion, 5 might be a little low if the movements are choppy, but 10 might work great and size on the file sizes.
    Visit our Rakeback/VIP for the best deals on new poker site sign-ups. Free DTB for raking only $100/month with new signups + all the RakeTheRake promotions =
    vip.dragthebar.com

DTB Moderator

I had a few probs with camstudio but this tutorial helped a lot:

http://screencasttutorial.org/18/bes...o-and-video-28

It was made by the guy who actual wrote the software.

BiPolarPoker

This seems like a great idea, my only concern is that i'm posting my user name and where i play online as well as giving people a look at the stakes i play on daily basis. Now i know i don't play at very high stakes, but i don't know i just feel like this may give other players an edge on me in some way, or am i just being completly dumb on this subject?

DTB Moderator

This is something that has been worrying players ever since hole cams let TV companies broadcast hands. Erik Seidel apparently was very anti hole cams. Judging by the way he is killing everything in sight, his opponents must have been out the night he was on TV.

I think that the amount of info that you will be giving will be of little value to your opponents in terms of beating you at least. Hopefully they could learn how to fix their leaks as well.

Overall you have to decide if you are giving up more value than you gain from a free lesson. I personally feel that the gain is far greater than the loss but it is a personal choice.

DragTheBar CEO / Coach

Yeah I really would not worry about. Think of all the coaches who've made dozens of videos, it hasn't stopped them from crushing.
    Visit our Rakeback/VIP for the best deals on new poker site sign-ups. Free DTB for raking only $100/month with new signups + all the RakeTheRake promotions =
    vip.dragthebar.com

I have been wanting to do this for a while. next week I may give it a shot. I am not the most tech savy guy but I can generally figure out most user freindly programs.

Also, regarding giving out info. the # of hands you will be putting out probably wont be 1% of hands you play. and after you get some free advice you probably won't be playing the same way. Thanks for the links to software help here. I guarantee I will be using this post again.

BiPolarPoker

I'm having all sorts of issues and the forum for cam studio doesn't offer much help, i made a video about 48 mins and when i hit the stop button i got an error reading saying unable to convert to AVI. or something similar to that. When i look in my recordings file i have a wav file only which is only the audio.

not really sure what else to do, did i lose my video?

not sure if allowed to mention other sites here (?) so please remove if not

I struggled loads with cam studio, then came across the site below
    free for as many 15 mins as you like - $12 for year for any length - good quality , no hassle

(i have NO affiliate with it - so take it or leave, just thought it may help)

http://screencast-o-matic.com/

DragTheBar CEO / Coach

Quote Originally Posted by theylimpJTPMOTW View Post
    not sure if allowed to mention other sites here (?) so please remove if not

I struggled loads with cam studio, then came across the site below
    free for as many 15 mins as you like - $12 for year for any length - good quality , no hassle

(i have NO affiliate with it - so take it or leave, just thought it may help)

http://screencast-o-matic.com/
    Nice find, the only goal here is to make this as easy as possible for everyone to use, so the link will be staying
    vip.dragthebar.com

BiPolarPoker

Thank you sir! I will try again this afternoon to upload my video again.