Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why did you choose MTT's vs SNG's or Cash?

Interested to here opinions. I'm a sucker for the five figure final table prizes. Never hit one yet - just a couple of four figure scores, but it's more fun to have a HUGE day than making 3bb/100.

DragTheBar Guest Coach

Default Re: Why did you choose MTT's vs SNG's or Cash?

on the flip side, its fun to make 3bb/100 than having just one huge day thats my main reason.

^^^ Im with gore, though my 3bb is pretty teensy compared to his.

I daydream about making it deep in some BIG SUNDAY tourney but it just doesnt suit me.

I enjoy grinding for a few hours and quitting when Im ready too. I like to be able to notice when Im playing poorly and leave.

I simply enjoy cash more.

DragTheBar Coach

At the risk of sounding like Charlie Sheen, I love winning. It gives me a thrill that I can't get even from walking away with +4 buy-ins from the cash table. Plus, I have spent so much time studying tournament nuances that I think I have the highest edge playing them.

That being said, cash is growing on me, especially live cash since I'm in Vegas now.

DragTheBar Guest Coach

I have to agree that winning a tournament is probably one of the most amazing feelings and is much more rewarding than winning a session of cash games. Its what happens in between which I dont find as rewarding.

Either way, I want to learn playing MTTs after I feel like Ive mastered cash games to an acceptable level.

+1 on the feeling on winning an MTT. Haven't won any large ones though, just some 50-70 player ones for about $800.

That said I do love it when I get into the flow-feeling at cash games, you know the feeling where you feel like you can soul read people and just focus 100% at the games and hopefully also run real hot.

When I started I played only SNG's, I moved to cash for two reasons, the 10 man SNG's lasted an hour which was inconvenient as I had a small child and also at the $10 level I felt the opponents started to get better and I read that its not as easy to make money in SNG's.

I've been playing almost exclusively full-ring NLH, but I'm learning Omaha and probably moving to 6max cash games.

The edit post doesn't seem to work for me, and the posting is really slow.

Forgot to say that I also greatly enjoy playing HU, but don't play much as I haven't found any Euro sites with the rake capped at $.50

DTB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NoYouDidnt View Post
    The edit post doesn't seem to work for me, and the posting is really slow.

Forgot to say that I also greatly enjoy playing HU, but don't play much as I haven't found any Euro sites with the rake capped at $.50
    There is a site upgrade just now so that will explain why it is running a bit slow. Sorry for any problems and hopefully it will all be up and running properly very soon.

I love being in my room alone standing up yelling DUECE for huge pots.

when i first started, just one cost of playing a tourney, helped me choose that over losing tons at cash.

now the thrill is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by boardrider68 View Post
    I love being in my room alone standing up yelling DUECE for huge pots.
    I do this as well, usually sitting though, in the bathroom, after a night of bourbon and pulled pork.

Huntng Aces

I've done MTT and SNG now I'm taking up cash games trying to find my comfort zone. I've done okay in MTT and SNG. Not setting the world on fire, but my ROI was winning in SNG and I have won a MTT and finished in the money in a few others. Cash games are nice since I can just get up from the table when ever, a MTT you're locked in.