Default Check/Raising vs Donk Betting on the flop

Alright Im just bouncing Ideas around in my head, and I'll share it here.

Feel free to add Ideas or correct me if my thinking is incorrect or could be improved.

Check/Raising vs Donk Betting
    Polarized Range vs Depolarized Range

Check/Raising with a Polarized Range
    -Vs Players who fold too often or will call and fold to a 2nd barrel.
    -Vs Players who CBet too much, often with a polarized range.
    -Vs Players who you want to develop an aggressive image agaisnt.

Ex: Bottom Pair, Gutshot, Backdoor Flush+Straight.

Check/Raising with a Depolarized Range
    -Vs Players who will float or play back at you light.
    -Vs Weaker Players that you know that will call with worst hands.
    -Vs Players that seen you Check/Raise with a Polarized Range (Metagame)

Ex: Top Pair Medium/Weak Kicker, Small Overpair or a 9 on 9QQ Board.

Donk Betting with a Polarized Range
    -Vs Weak/Timid Players who will not float you or bluff raise you.
    -Vs Decent Players that might float or bluff raise but you wish to build an aggressive image agaisnt.

Ex: Bottom Pair, Gutshot, Backdoor Flush+Straight.

Donk Betting with a Depolarized Range
    -Vs Players who will not CBet enough, you wanna bet for value with you medium and strongh hands.
    -Vs Weak/Passive players that will not bet their medium strengh hands or try to bluff you.
    -Vs Players who will play back at you light, by floating or bluff raising you. You bet with the intention to call his raise, otherwise just check/call.

Default Re: Check/Raising vs Donk Betting on the flop

This is good, keep it coming.

Good start man I like the thought process. Let's keep this thread going as this is an aspect of everyones game that can always be worked on. I'm gonna try posting a hypothetical example to get a discussion around this. Let's try to discuss this as in-depth as possible. Then feel free to change the dynamics of the example or post new hands as we get a good grasp of the previous one. As we go lets see if we can't expand on the guidlines KOSlam provided.

Here we go....

You have been mixing up your play with this guy with donks, check raisies, floats, 3bets, etc. The dynamic is pretty aggressive. The guy seems to be slightly more willing to play back with small raises or re-raises than light floats.

100nl

You: $140
    ATM: $60

Pre-flop: You have Kh9h
    ATM raises to $3.50, You call.

Flop: Jh7h3c

Quote Originally Posted by UmmTasty View Post
    Good start man I like the thought process. Let's keep this thread going as this is an aspect of everyones game that can always be worked on. I'm gonna try posting a hypothetical example to get a discussion around this. Let's try to discuss this as in-depth as possible. Then feel free to change the dynamics of the example or post new hands as we get a good grasp of the previous one. As we go lets see if we can't expand on the guidlines KOSlam provided.

Here we go....

You have been mixing up your play with this guy with donks, check raisies, floats, 3bets, etc. The dynamic is pretty aggressive. The guy seems to be slightly more willing to play back with small raises or re-raises than light floats.

100nl

You: $140
    ATM: $60

Pre-flop: You have Kh9h
    ATM raises to $3.50, You call.

Flop: Jh7h3c
    I would probably Donk/3Bet, since hes more likely to raise light, I will have fold equity when I ship over his flop raise.

Donk Bet Sizing, thoughts after discussing on Skype with Ummtasty

Betting small:
    Villains doesnt pot commit himself by raising us, giving us more fold equity.

Betting big:
    Villains raise bigger then fold to a 3bet, result: we picking up more dead money.