Default Hello From Germany

Dear Community,

i just want to say hello. I`m Alex, 31 from Germany and i got hit by the book Dusty Schmidt "Poker as a business", which directly euphorised me. I have many books at home about tactics , plans etc., but when reading his words i thought that may be my guide.

I used to play Poker for half a year about 2-3 h a day online and went to many live events, where i always failed around the bubble, my best results where 11/79 and one time 1th of 20. I really love the live game, i think i am more concentrated there, but i also recognized, that making money there is almost impossible for me. And this what i want, and the book convinced me that the internet is a better place. I like to play 9player STG, where i slowly recognise an increase in my game. I also had a coaching, my coach forbid me to play MTT, what i now will cancel. It is really hard for me so sit at a regular game, and wait for the others, i know, that it is good to learn the game, but i can`t go playing that way longer if i want to earn and increase. I wanna start again with 4 tables and have a look what my conentraion brings.

I really like the first look of that community here, and i`m thinking about joining for a longer term. I`m always looking for groups to exchange, also around the world. Cashgame is a completely new field for me, and i know that is supported here more than STG. But nevertheless i wanna stay here, post my hands and let you, if some of you want, go that way with me.

I`m infected since a longer time with Poker. Dusty made this Virus go dancing . (sorry, I never calimed to be a big man of letters )

Alex

Welcome Ellex. I am also recently attempting to return to play poker more steadily. I focus mostly on MTTs and SNGs so I hope we get to discuss some hands together and watch some videos.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Hello From Germany

Hello ellex111!

Welcome to DTB. We would like it if you joined into the discussions, posted hands, and contributed your thoughts in the forums.

Good luck at the tables!
    Professional poker player since 2003 - FLHE and PLO.
    Poker website operator since 2006.
    DTB moderator blasting spam since 2017

Thank you guys for the nice welcome!

I`m quite wired at the Moment, in the last night i decided to head to Cash Games completely, also beeing inspired by Dustys book.
    It seems is more "easy" earning Money there as becoming a tournament pro.
    I started today, and it is so extrem different, feels like playing for the first time, MTT really knocked me down.

But that`s life, never give up.

Greetz

Alex

Cash games are more consistent than tournaments with regard to income and cash flow. Assuming of course you can beat them. Cash games are harder than tournaments.

I opted to be a cash game pro a decade and a half ago rather than deal with tournament variance. Even still, it's no walk in the park. Grinding it out for a living is not for the faint of heart. However, if one can manage it, it has many advantages.

My advice is to start at really low stakes and grind your way up. Do 20 or 30k hand trials at each limit and evaluate your results and progress with a cool head. Move up slowly, keep a fat bankroll!

Hey guys, once again special thanks for your welcome!
    I would like to ask, could you recommend special videos for my micro level 0.01/0.02$?
    The good thing is that i did not made a deposit for a long time, but i earn about 2$ while playing 1900 hands ca.
    What would be the best method to post videos?
    Could u also recommend a good book for my level? Momentarily i read "poker in practice" from Dusty, which is awesome. But sometimes i think it is more for the higher levels.

Best regards
    Ellex

Quote Originally Posted by ellex111 View Post
    I would like to ask, could you recommend special videos for my micro level 0.01/0.02$?
    You can sort the videos on Drag The Bar by stakes, game type, etc. Here is a link to the videos that I have already filtered for No Limit Hold'em and Micro Stakes. You can filter it further by cash games, tournaments, etc using the selector buttons at the top of the page: http://www.dragthebar.com/poker-vide...takes_micro=on

The good thing is that i did not made a deposit for a long time, but i earn about 2$ while playing 1900 hands ca.
    The micros and freerolls are very soft. If you know the fundamentals and practice discipline you should continue to prevail. A good rakeback deal and/or being sure to play on a site with lower rake is often a good way to speed up bankroll accumulation in the micros, where rake is a big drag on winrate.

What would be the best method to post videos?
    I'm not sure what you mean?

Could u also recommend a good book for my level? Momentarily i read "poker in practice" from Dusty, which is awesome. But sometimes i think it is more for the higher levels.

Best regards
    Ellex
    I don't know what the best micro stakes books are these days. Perhaps someone here will chime in with some suggestions...

And on that note, if anyone on these forums likes to do read poker books and is interested in free books in exchange for writing detailed poker book reviews, shoot me a PM. My company has an opening for a book reviewer