Default How does rakeback work?

Hello,

I am new to poker and I am skeptic about rakeback. Does it really work? I signed up to raketherake (through DTB) and added 3 poker rooms for the rakeback, but for all of them it says just "pending verification" since one week. Is it normal?

Thanks
    Ugioboss

Default Re: How does rakeback work?

Quote Originally Posted by ugioboss View Post
    I signed up to raketherake (through DTB) and added 3 poker rooms for the rakeback,
    Where exactly did you see raketherake information on Drag The Bar? Please provide a link.

I am new to poker and I am skeptic about rakeback. Does it really work?
    Yes, rakeback is real. I am part of the management of a website called Professional Rakeback and I assure you, we do provide rakeback to players.

Of course, not all rooms allow rakeback. Now, rakeback is provided by the poker rooms directly in most cases and the rakeback affiliate, such as RTR or Professional Rakeback are only advertising partners who help people find such deals. In the past, rakeback affiliates actually paid players rakeback out of their own commissions, but that is no longer standard practice.

In short, what happens is that you pay rake or tournament fees for every hand of poker you play in cash games or every tournament you enter. Those fees add up to large amounts over time. Having a rakeback deal, you get a portion of your "rake" "back" in the form of a monthly, weekly, or in some cases daily payment.

Rakeback helps players earn more money from poker. Or in some cases it helps them lose less. It also provides steadier stream of incoming money, or cash flow if you will. This has lead to some pros becoming "rakeback pros" and playing huge volume with the goal of breaking even or slight winning. In the process paying tons of rake and thus, generating large rakeback payments.
    Professional poker player since 2003 - FLHE and PLO.
    Poker website operator since 2006.
    DTB moderator blasting spam since 2017

Thank you kahntrutahn for your answer. I will check on RTR why I cannot sign up for any poker rooms.. they just say "pending verification".

Quote Originally Posted by kahntrutahn View Post
    Where exactly did you see raketherake information on Drag The Bar? Please provide a link.

I found the link here http://www.dragthebar.com/poker-foru...ree-membership
    And I found this link in RTR https://www.raketherake.com/free-training. What is it about? Maybe there was a membership on DTB some years ago to have access to the videos?

Obviously DTB is free now, so no need to go after a free membership by playing.

I do not know if those links on vip.dtb are even active anymore. I'll ask DTB management and see whats up

Hi Kahntrutahn,

I received the following mail from RTR:

Dear Ugo,

Thank you for registering your account with DTB rakeback with RakeTheRake

Unfortunately 888 VIP have informed us that your account: ugioboss cannot be tagged to DTB rakeback with RakeTheRake.

Each poker room uses their own criteria to decide whether an account can be tagged. We are not aware of the criteria used and the decision is solely that of the Poker room.

Perhaps we can help you at another room?
    Please see http://vip.dragthebar.com/rakeback-offers for more information on our offers and exclusive promotions

Of course your friends and family are always welcome to join the 888 VIP program through DTB rakeback with RakeTheRake at any time but should they use your computer to sign up you should make sure that you uninstall the 888 VIP software first, and then clear cookies and files (In your internet browser click Tools>Internet Options> Delete Cookies and Clear Internet Files).
    Once you have done this they should download the poker software from our page. This will give them the best chance of being tracked to us correctly.

Please note that this email address does not receive email. If you have a question please use our Contact Us facility here: https://vip.dragthebar.com/Rakeback-ContactUs.html

Kind regards

DTB rakeback with RakeTheRake
    A similar mail for other two poker rooms. Please, can you help me find a safe, clear and easy way in registering my accounts in the poker rooms for rake back? Thank you a lot

Ugioboss

Hi Kahntrutahn,

I received the following mail from RTR:

A similar mail for other two poker rooms. Please, can you help me find a safe, clear and easy way in registering my accounts in the poker rooms for rake back? Thank you a lot

Ugioboss

A few things of note here:

1) 888 Does not allow rakeback. Never did. There is no such thing as 888 rakeback. Period.
    2) That email looks like it is doing everything in its power to entice you to use a family member's identity to sign up. Wow. That is unethical.
    3) I don't think the RTR and DTB partnership stll exists. I have put in a call to management of DTB however to confirm/deny this.

The facts are that some poker sites, many in fact these days, do not offer rakeback. Also many sites do not allow affiliates to offer rakeback. 888 is one of those poker sites.

What other rooms were you trying to register for? I can tell you whether they allow RB or not.

Iam trying to register for Polerstars and William Hill

Iam trying to register for Polerstars and William Hill

Bad news my friend. Neither of those sites allow rakeback to be offered by any affiliate.

Some affiliates will market such that they appear to offer rakeback, but really it's just the standard VIP programs of the sites themselves. So you may see, PokerStars rakeback up to 70% (or at least you would on the old system before they destroyed the rewards) advertised, but it is nothing more than the VIP program and someone bastardizing the word "rakeback" to mean something other than what it really means... which is different from a VIP program with tiers.

Thank you Kahntrutahn.

I went on Professional Rakeback, that you cited above. It is a very good site, full of useful information about rakeback and poker rooms.
    I was trying to register on Americas Cardroom, but I have a BIG problem: I am italian and Italy is a banned country for Americas Cardroom. Really bad news. So I have other questions for you:

1. WHY Italy is a banned country for Americas Cardrooms?
    2. I would like to find the best poker room, available in Italy, with a good volume of players and which provides rakeback. Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you a lot

Thank you Kahntrutahn.

I went on Professional Rakeback, that you cited above. It is a very good site, full of useful information about rakeback and poker rooms.
    I was trying to register on Americas Cardroom, but I have a BIG problem: I am italian and Italy is a banned country for Americas Cardroom. Really bad news. So I have other questions for you:

1. WHY Italy is a banned country for Americas Cardrooms?
    2. I would like to find the best poker room, available in Italy, with a good volume of players and which provides rakeback. Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you a lot
    Hey ugioboss,

One of our CS reps shot me a message that you had dropped by to chat. I figured I'd check the forums and sure enough I missed your post! Let me respond now.

1) Italy is banned from ACR, and this is my speculation here, due to legal risk/reward reasons. Italy is a gray market due to country laws vs EU vs World Trade Organization vs free trade agreement laws and International agreements. In other words, the laws are all goofed up and contradictory

While America's Cardroom doesn't allow Italians, other skins on the network very well may. However, there may be special circumstances such as limited deposit and withdrawal options relative to countries with more a more relaxed legal situation.

2) I believe you already found a site on WPN to try out, Ya Poker. It shares the same games and players as America's Cardroom, so it is thus on one of the 10 largest networks in the world. Should be lots of games there for you.

I'd be curious to know how you like it after you give it a try.

Sorry for the slow reply. Cheers!

Hi Kahntrutahn,

it seems that Italy is a banned country even for Ya poker. I worte yesterday in live chat to an operator of Ya poker and he said Italy is ok. Today I was trying to register but it said Italy is banned, so I went again on live chat and another operator said Italy is banned
    I think I should forget rakeback... this is really frustrating!

Thank you for your help