Default DiscoBisco: Live Coaching: Sweat Session Part 2 --Released 09/19/2010

Hey guys, I'm back with part 2 of this live coaching series. We will be finishing off the $.25/$.50 NL sweat session from last time. Once again, the main idea behind this video was to give you guys some insight as to what a typical coaching session with me might be like. ENJOY!

Default Re: DiscoBisco: Live Coaching: Sweat Session Part 2 --Released 09/19/2010

part 2 doesnt go
    part 1 is fine ?

Default Re: DiscoBisco: Live Coaching: Sweat Session Part 2 --Released 09/19/2010

works fine for me

ok i will try it again today

hi there
    i have been watching this vid and at 6.19 your holding AT suited and the board come 10 3 J 10 3

and you suggest a fold

i really dont understand why from where I 'm sitting the only hands that beat you are JJ and 33
    the rest is yours or a chop
    so what is the reason ?
    did you miss what was on the board or is there something i am not aware of
    thanks ron

hey thanks for the response. the reason i suggested a fold is because the way that guy played his hand, he almost always has us atleast chopping. the 3 on the river was a really bad card, becuz if it had just been a 4 or 5 or some blank instead, we can stack all his worse Tx hands. but when it pairs the board, all of a sudden our trip T's A kicker becomes a chop scenario. when he shoves that river we are either chopping or we are beat by JT/JJ/33. Its a spot where I don't think calling to chop or lose is justified. If the pot was bigger relative to the betsize i would call. But in this spot were risking 31$ to win a chop at best which would be about 19$ (half the 38$ pot). so risking 31$ to win 19$ about maybe 50-70% of the time, and the other 30-50% of the time we lose the 31$ when he has JT/JJ/33....its just not worth it in the long run i don't think.

now all that being said, if i thought the guy ever had bluffs in his range like KQ/89 then i would definitely call. but i just don't think he really does.

I would have thought there were only 2 hands that can beat you ie JJ 33 and you chopping wiht JT AT etc
    I did fold a hand today where I had a boat and sure enough the winner was holding 33 on a raise preflop hand ,another player called and was demolished by the quad 3s
    so good point thankyou
    Ron

Coach Extroadinaire

Quote Originally Posted by blsmur View Post
    I would have thought there were only 2 hands that can beat you ie JJ 33 and you chopping wiht JT AT etc
    I did fold a hand today where I had a boat and sure enough the winner was holding 33 on a raise preflop hand ,another player called and was demolished by the quad 3s
    so good point thankyou
    Ron
    Don't mean to butt in Disco, but thought I'd throw my thoughts out on this one too.

blsmer: JT does indeed beat you with tens full of jacks.

I couldn't find the fold button here, but it certainly is thin either way. This guy is playing 13/10 which isn't really a total nit in FR. You're risking 2x to win x in this spot, so you need to chop better than 66% of the time. I would expect this player to have quite a few suited tens; however, there's only 1 combo of each of those. Also, I do think it's possible for him to have JJ or 33 (and only 4 combos ofthose) here, but I think you can discount those just a bit since he didn't 3 bet you PF, and he only flatted the flop after you cbet into two. Just with these things alone, you're in the upper 60s / low 70s in equity already. That's without giving him the ability to play KQ this way and you win it all (obviously a huge swing in the calcuations), which I think is certainly reasonable to add in there sometimes. Given your play, I doubt he's giving you a T in your range ever.

So, I press call and expect to win often enough to bring in a bit of money.
    Check out my books at qtippoker.com.
    DTB Rakeback/VIP signups at vip.dragthebar.com

well thankyou Qtip
    i just couldn't see the JTwinning but you are right it counterfeits the the 33 on the board

I guess this is why I am watching these vids lol

So with that now in my brain, I like the fold because I would rather not blow my stack on just one hand because it takes so darn long to get it back