Coach Extroadinaire

Default preachercasy151: Transitions in SNGs, pt 1 -- Released 07/20/2015

In this mammoth 5-parter, Christy dissects the concept of transitions. So you were the chipleader, and now you're the short stack - so what? How do you adapt to the transition into your new reality?In part one, Christy discusses the dynamic and strategic considerations that come into play depending on different blind and ante structures.

Default Re: preachercasy151: Transitions in SNGs, pt 1 -- Released 07/20/2015

Hello Casy

At about the 8 minute mark you fold A9s in the small blind from a 3x open from the Cutoff on the bottom left table. Is this your standard play ?

DragTheBar SNG Coach

Hey buddy,

Generally I'm in the '3bet or fold' camp there. Against most opponent types, I will default to fold unless there is a particular reason (stats, timing tells) that would nudge me towards a 3bet. On the rare occasions that I will call, I will do so with a strong read that my opponent is very wide indeed, but that he won't fold to 3bets.

Hope that helps!

Christy

Thanks for the response Christy. I need to stop flatting in those spots.