Default BlackRain79: Crushing the Micros (2014 Edition) Part 10 -- Released 08/14/2014

In this series I will return to live play and rise up the micro stakes in 2014. I want to show the viewer the strategies and tools that are effective for maximum success at these stakes in today's games. I will be covering both full ring and 6max at both regular and Zoom tables on Pokerstars.

Default Re: BlackRain79: Crushing the Micros (2014 Edition) Part 10 -- Released 08/14/2014

Hi, BlackRain.

I have a question regarding the Zoom series. I've won at almost 4bb/100 at 10NL FR over an 80k sample and am planning to take another shot at 25NL soon...the last one didn't work out too well due to variance over a small sample.

I'm just wondering how you would approach your remaining time at 10NL. For example I have leaks that are most likely not being exploited by these players. So how do I know my weaknesses at the 25NL ahead of time? I have LeakBuster but it doesn't like how wide I steal etc.

How do I approach my transition? For example I have heard that 25NL regs are much more aggressive but how much of a sample do I give myself before I can assume they have adjusted to me? What would you do to increase your chances of success if it was your first time making the move?

Thanks, in advance, if you reply.

Default Re: BlackRain79: Crushing the Micros (2014 Edition) Part 10 -- Released 08/14/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Hi, BlackRain.

I have a question regarding the Zoom series. I've won at almost 4bb/100 at 10NL FR over an 80k sample and am planning to take another shot at 25NL soon...the last one didn't work out too well due to variance over a small sample.

I'm just wondering how you would approach your remaining time at 10NL. For example I have leaks that are most likely not being exploited by these players. So how do I know my weaknesses at the 25NL ahead of time? I have LeakBuster but it doesn't like how wide I steal etc.

How do I approach my transition? For example I have heard that 25NL regs are much more aggressive but how much of a sample do I give myself before I can assume they have adjusted to me? What would you do to increase your chances of success if it was your first time making the move?

Thanks, in advance, if you reply.
    Hi Morpheus,

Well first off it is important to note that while the difference between NL10 and NL25 is bigger than most there are still plenty of clueless mass multi-tabling regs at NL25 who won't be adjusting to you at all. In terms of increasing your chances of success I always suggest just doing what got you there in the first place. You simply aren't going to have enough information on your opponents in order to make counter adjustments for awhile. Keep in mind that they won't have enough information to be adjusting to you very much for awhile either (the ones who are capable of it). You have a solid winrate over a good sample at NL10. Just make the jump when you are ready and you will be fine.
    Microstakes grinder, author and coach
    www.blackrain79.com

Thanks, also I was wondering. Will there be any FR 25NL Zoom videos? Been looking forward to one for a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Thanks, also I was wondering. Will there be any FR 25NL Zoom videos? Been looking forward to one for a really long time.
    I have switched back to replayer and theory videos now for the next couple of months. I will see what I can do in the future but I generally cover the lower stakes for DTB whereas other coaches make videos covering NL25+.
    Microstakes grinder, author and coach
    www.blackrain79.com