Default Hunter Bick: Opponents that Tilt You: Loose Passive Part 3 -- Released 05/06/2014

Part 3, I realized that he was playing very differently in position vs. out of position, so I started changing my strategy to develop a unique approach to each of the positions. I also had a couple hands that I should have been more aggressive with, but the lines I took turned out for the best.

Any2Aces

Default Re: Hunter Bick: Opponents that Tilt You: Loose Passive Part 3 -- Released 05/06/2014

From his point he may think that he already invested money and therefor he wants to see a flop.

Default Re: Hunter Bick: Opponents that Tilt You: Loose Passive Part 3 -- Released 05/06/2014

Hey Hunter @ around 13min when u had AA on 54296 board I like check back better otr. Just based on history of him calling ur double barrel he's got something, and a lot of the time he got a really big hands. In that spot that river is really like u said hideous card and I just don't think he's calling with worse one pair hands. I just don't remember him calling triple barrel with one pair even though he's been a big station... What do you think??

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragich View Post
    Hey Hunter @ around 13min when u had AA on 54296 board I like check back better otr. Just based on history of him calling ur double barrel he's got something, and a lot of the time he got a really big hands. In that spot that river is really like u said hideous card and I just don't think he's calling with worse one pair hands. I just don't remember him calling triple barrel with one pair even though he's been a big station... What do you think??
    Couple things to keep in mind. The card is hideous for sure, but his range is still enormous. Just because we've seen him showing down big hands, doesn't mean he only has big hands or that he won't call with a 1 pair hand here. This is one of those spots where you just have to value bet. Its not the "thickest" value bet ever, but we have good equity vs. his calling range, especially for something like a half pot bet. Sometimes these semi-thin value bets are uncomfortable, and when they don't work out, our brains tell us that it was a mistake to value bet. It wasn't, we just ran into the part of his range that we don't beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Bick View Post
    Couple things to keep in mind. The card is hideous for sure, but his range is still enormous. Just because we've seen him showing down big hands, doesn't mean he only has big hands or that he won't call with a 1 pair hand here. This is one of those spots where you just have to value bet. Its not the "thickest" value bet ever, but we have good equity vs. his calling range, especially for something like a half pot bet. Sometimes these semi-thin value bets are uncomfortable, and when they don't work out, our brains tell us that it was a mistake to value bet. It wasn't, we just ran into the part of his range that we don't beat.
    Thnx Hunter, that makes sense!