Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 33
  1. #1

    Default Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    We're all familiar with Paul's high quality work here at DTB, and when a coach like Paul puts all of his thoughts in a book... well I just knew I was going to buy it almost regardless of the cost.

    This book doesn't disappoint. I’ve read a lot of good books, but Paul’s style is unique in many ways, and it quickly shows. With several intelligible examples in each chapter, the reader is left with no doubt what Paul is trying to demonstrate. This book reveals concepts you may not have realized or even considered as profitable. Even what I know to be +EV, ‘Exploitive NLHE’ shows me the +++EV line. It has forced me to rethink many ‘solid’ parts of my game. It's clear why Paul has such a ludicrous winrate in todays tough games; he's an innovator not an imitator.

    IMO for a mere $30 it's just a no-brainer, insta-buy.

    Highly recommended.

  2. #2
    DragTheBar Coach
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    Thanks for the awesome review Dave. It is great to hear the book was helpful!

    Vulcans (ThePokerCapitalist)


    Quote Originally Posted by davedastardly View Post
    We're all familiar with Paul's high quality work here at DTB, and when a coach like Paul puts all of his thoughts in a book... well I just knew I was going to buy it almost regardless of the cost.

    This book doesn't disappoint. I’ve read a lot of good books, but Paul’s style is unique in many ways, and it quickly shows. With several intelligible examples in each chapter, the reader is left with no doubt what Paul is trying to demonstrate. This book reveals concepts you may not have realized or even considered as profitable. Even what I know to be +EV, ‘Exploitive NLHE’ shows me the +++EV line. It has forced me to rethink many ‘solid’ parts of my game. It's clear why Paul has such a ludicrous winrate in todays tough games; he's an innovator not an imitator.

    IMO for a mere $30 it's just a no-brainer, insta-buy.

    Highly recommended.

  3. #3
    Coach Extroadinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,404

    Default Re: Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    Yepper...a good one. Finished it last night. Great job, Paul! Here's my review: http://qtippoker.com/exploitive-nlhe...-poker-player/
    Check out my books at qtippoker.com.
    DTB Rakeback/VIP signups at vip.dragthebar.com

  4. #4
    DragTheBar Coach
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    Quote Originally Posted by QTip View Post
    Yepper...a good one. Finished it last night. Great job, Paul! Here's my review: http://qtippoker.com/exploitive-nlhe...-poker-player/
    Love the reference to Joey Knish in this review. Great to hear that you enjoyed the book. This review means a lot to me coming from a respected author like yourself.

    Thank you for taking the time to read through "Exploitive NLHE" and write a review on it.

    -Vulcans

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    waterloo, canada
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    Is the book good for players of any level? I mean, I squeak buy at NL25, will the concepts be too advanced?

  6. #6
    DragTheBar Coach
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Chpmagnet98 View Post
    Is the book good for players of any level? I mean, I squeak buy at NL25, will the concepts be too advanced?
    Hey,

    The answer is somewhat yes and somewhat no. There will probably be sections of this book that you would struggle with, but I think that overall 25NL players would gain a lot from reading "Exploitive No Limit Holdem".

    There is a table of contents you can look through on my website and product description page.

    Hope this helps

    -Vulcans (ThePokerCapitalist)

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    waterloo, canada
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    Alright, just purchased and am excited to read it.

  8. #8
    DragTheBar Coach
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Chpmagnet98 View Post
    Alright, just purchased and am excited to read it.
    Great I look forward to reading your review when you. Hopefully you will enjoy the read and gain something from it.

    -Vulcans (ThePokerCapitalist)

  9. #9

    Default Re: Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    I'm really mad at you guys. I hear great praise about this book, yet no one has posted a link. Then I google it, find another reviewer praising it and linking to Paul's site. There when I press the big advert for the book I'm taken to a 404-page not found page. I also check professionalpoker.com as they have most of the poker books, but no results. I get it that its good and that it might be best for the poker ecology that not all players have access to it. But come on, a fellow DTB member?


    I have to ask, why did you choose "Exploitive " instead of "Exploitative", the former form was unknown to me before.

  10. #10
    DragTheBar Coach
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    Quote Originally Posted by NoYouDidnt View Post
    I'm really mad at you guys. I hear great praise about this book, yet no one has posted a link. Then I google it, find another reviewer praising it and linking to Paul's site. There when I press the big advert for the book I'm taken to a 404-page not found page. I also check professionalpoker.com as they have most of the poker books, but no results. I get it that its good and that it might be best for the poker ecology that not all players have access to it. But come on, a fellow DTB member?


    I have to ask, why did you choose "Exploitive " instead of "Exploitative", the former form was unknown to me before.
    Just had some technical difficulties on the website today. Sorry for the trouble getting it. It is back up and running now and should be no problem to buy with paypal.

    The book is a bit hard to find because its only available on my website. It is more of a side project for me and I haven't had the time or will to aggressively market. Also, to be honest I haven't felt like coughing up over 50% of the royalties to some website because it does well on search engine rankings. However, my book will be available on Amazon in the near future because IMO they will make up for their cut in terms of volume. I am more hesitant about giving away royalties to poker websites that target a relatively niche market (which should hear about my book anyhow).

    If it sells tons of copies great if it doesn't that is fine too. Not too worried about it.

    I just hope my readers enjoy the book and I am confident there is some really good material in it for low and mid stakes players.

    As for the spelling of the name just a personal preference. I think "Exploitive" is more efficient.

    -Paul

  11. #11

    Default Re: Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    Ouch, 50% sounds atrocious. Glad you got the webpage fixed. I hope to see an ebook soon

  12. #12
    DragTheBar Coach
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    266

    Default Re: Vulcans ‘Exploitive NLHE’ Review

    Yeah 50% is bad. Amazon is worse at 70% on e-books over $9.99!

    For future reference (for others) here is the link where you can buy the e-book.

    http://www.thepokercapitalist.com/pr...-professional/

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •