Default Hunter Bick: Four Regs and a Maniac: Part 4 -- Released 06/05/2013

Part 4 slows down somewhat from part 3, but nonetheless features several important discussions about why its critical to not bleed money versus maniacs, while being able to shift your thought process on the fly to counter any aggression from the regs.

Default Re: Hunter Bick: Four Regs and a Maniac: Part 4 -- Released 06/05/2013

At 8:43 you have KJ otb and fold. I agree that fold is the standard play here but what do you think about a 3bet (especially if the guy to you left had been a little deeper). I have been turning hands like this into a bluff a lot in spots where it isn't very profitable to just call. The opener will likely have to 4bet any hands that beat you given the guy left to act after him. But he is still put in a very tough spot with hands like KQ and AJ. If he does call I expect hands like 1010, JJ, AQ a lot and you can play accordingly.

@14:55 top right table with pocket 8 vs smile doc with 50\17 stat, u called pot size bet on the flop and folded to a little less than 1\3 of the pot after 10 rolls up, can u explain please why
    Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by UmmTasty View Post
    At 8:43 you have KJ otb and fold. I agree that fold is the standard play here but what do you think about a 3bet (especially if the guy to you left had been a little deeper). I have been turning hands like this into a bluff a lot in spots where it isn't very profitable to just call. The opener will likely have to 4bet any hands that beat you given the guy left to act after him. But he is still put in a very tough spot with hands like KQ and AJ. If he does call I expect hands like 1010, JJ, AQ a lot and you can play accordingly.
    I think a small 3bet for those reasons is definitely a fine play and viable option. The higher the opponent's Fold to 3bet %, the more I'd 3bet in this spot.